kcherevko

I am working on a project that has a sheet for each week in the year. Within each sheet is varying employee information. On the last "Total" sheet I need it to search for the ID listed in the A column in every worksheet, when found it needs to look at the L column of the same row add it together and put that sum in the total sheet. Below is the formula I have been using and it keep giving me a zero value but no error.

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Tab&"'!"&"L2:L300"),A2,INDIRECT("'"&Tab&"'!L2:L300")))

"Tab" is referencing the sheet index list I create for each other sheet with hyperlinks to their corresponding sheets. The sheets are on a weekly bases of 1.13.17:12.31.17
I have tried putting the sheet names in the formula and it errors out. Is there another formula I could be using. An example employee ID that would be listed in A2 is 6174. Do I need to put in the exact employee ID it is looking for rather than the location on the table where the ID is located?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I did that and it came out as "True" for all the sheets

hmm...
So we only have to verify that the values in column A in each worksheet match exactly A2 in the Total worksheet.
Assuming the summary worksheet name is Total, try each worksheet
=A2= Total!A$2
copy down
If some results are TRUE the formula should work

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back