A formula to give different results according to the selected client profile

SanFranz

Office Version
  1. 2007
Good morning,

I am trying to create a formula in an Excel sheet that will apply different criteria based on the client profile selected in cell D4 and the score at
I34.

The sheet has several tabs with the same risk rating (low, medium, and high) but different risk scores.

The current formula is designed for Profile A, but I need to modify it so that if Profile B is selected in D4, the risk rating in cell I35 and the recommended action in cell I39 will automatically change according to the parameters of Profile B tab

Moreover, if the selected profile is B, I need to apply a discount of -5 points.

I'm attaching the spreadsheet for reference.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best,

Andry

Attachments

• Formula JPG.png
    Formula JPG.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
The current formula is designed for Profile A, but I need to modify it so that if Profile B is selected in D4, the risk rating in cell I35 and the recommended action in cell I39 will automatically change according to the parameters of Profile B tab
Nothing is visible in your screenshot but from what I understand from your query create a table for various profile and variables accordingly.

Then use that table to lookup values as per the profile chosen.

This shall kind of automate your process.

Hope it helps

Upvote 0
Nothing is visible in your screenshot but from what I understand from your query create a table for various profile and variables accordingly.

Then use that table to lookup values as per the profile chosen.

This shall kind of automate your process.

Hope it helps
unfortunately, I cannot use XL 2BB. Could I upload the excel spreadsheet instead?

Upvote 0
I just need the proper formula to reflect some changes
This is at best to give you an idea. Check this and revert -

Book1
ABCDEFGH
1IDAIDInfo 1Info 2
2A1234ABCDE
3Info 11234Info 2ABCDEB2345BCDEF
4C3456DEFGH
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B3B3=LOOKUP(B1,F1:F4,G1:G4)
D3D3=LOOKUP(B1,F1:F4,H1:H4)

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Formula that gives different results according to the selected client profile
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Formula that gives different results according to the selected client profile
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Ok could you please remove this post?
Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back