A hyperlink built from cell contents

A_Pitts

Board Regular
I want a macro to post a hyperlink showing the shipping status of an item. I want to be able to enter a date in cell F12 and have it be the "label" or displayed text for the link in E12. And I want to enter a UPS tracking number in G12 and concatenate it into the URL in E12 so that when a user clicks the cell, the hyperlink runs and displays the tracking info.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Yogi,
Thanks for the help, but I want to display the date. When you insert a hyperlink manually, the option at the top of the input box is "text to display". I want to display the user supplied date which I gather in a cell, and have the concatenated URL existing beneath it. I have built hyperlinks with concatenation by hand, but never with a macro. The macro input box does not allow you to paste into it and I was hoping that VBA would allow me to get around this.

Upvote 0
There is no need for VBA.

The 2nd parameter in the HYPERLINK function is the 'friendly name.' Use something like =HYPERLINK(B14&"."&C14&"."&D14,TODAY()) Format the cell with the preferred date format (Format | Cells... | Number tab).
A_Pitts said:
Yogi,
Thanks for the help, but I want to display the date. When you insert a hyperlink manually, the option at the top of the input box is "text to display". I want to display the user supplied date which I gather in a cell, and have the concatenated URL existing beneath it. I have built hyperlinks with concatenation by hand, but never with a macro. The macro input box does not allow you to paste into it and I was hoping that VBA would allow me to get around this.

Upvote 0
Well, your solution didn't use VBA either. But, for some reason the OP believes it to be necessary.
Yogi Anand said:
Hi Tushar:

Thanks for keeping us in line -- why use a macro if none is needed!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back