A Use a formula as a delimiter for TEXTJOIN

wdgor

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using the TEXTJOIN formula below to generate the text presented.

=TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10)&CHAR(42)&" ",TRUE,IF(('Test 2022'!$W:$W=$A4)*('Test 2022'!$AB:$AB="Jan")*('Test 2022'!$D:$D="Yes"),'Test 2022'!$F:$F,""))

Text:

legacy pricing, fees start when training and implementation starts on 3/1/2022
* ramp up pricing over first 2 years, yearly fees due to ARR under $5k
* Requires additional contract, 2 fee structures for order form and disclosure
It works perfectly in that it creates an "*" and line feed between each element. I would like to replace the "*" with a sequential number so the output would be numbered:

1. legacy pricing, fees start when training and implementation starts on 3/1/2022
2. ramp up pricing over first 2 years, yearly fees due to ARR under $5k
3. Requires additional contract, 2 fee structures for order form and disclosure

Is that possible with TEXTJOIN? Thanks for your review and suggestions.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
See if this does what you need. I've tested it on a simple set up and it looks like it is working correctly but I haven't tested it with the full range of criteria.

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(LET(f,FILTER('Test 2022'!$F:$F,('Test 2022'!$W:$W=$A4)*('Test 2022'!$AB:$AB="Jan")*('Test 2022'!$D:$D="Yes")),c,CONCAT(SEQUENCE(ROWS(f))&". "&f&CHAR(10)),LEFT(c,LEN(c)-1)),"")

Upvote 0
Solution
Maybe you don't have all of the functions it needs. Which version of excel are you using?

Upvote 0
It should work then, as long as you're up to date.

See what this part does on its own, if it shows #NAME? then it means that your version of 365 is not up to date and is missing some of the functions needed. If it shows #CALC! then it means that you have the functions and that I need to do some more testing with the formula to see why it is not working correctly.

Excel Formula:
=FILTER('Test 2022'!$F:$F,('Test 2022'!$W:$W=$A4)*('Test 2022'!$AB:$AB="Jan")*('Test 2022'!$D:$D="Yes"))

Upvote 0
I've just set up a test for the full formula while I was waiting for you to check that and it is working fine for me. The only other thing that comes to mind is that your data has changed and no longer meets the criteria.

Does this return 3?
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(('Test 2022'!$W:$W=$A4)*('Test 2022'!$AB:$AB="Jan")*('Test 2022'!$D:$D="Yes"))

Upvote 0
It returns 0. BTW, I am current with Office 365. Thanks for working on this.

Upvote 0
It seems like there is a problem with the data, could you check it with your original formula and see if that still gives a result?

It's gone midnight here so I'm done for today but will pick this up again in the morning.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back