A Use a formula as a delimiter for TEXTJOIN

wdgor

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using the TEXTJOIN formula below to generate the text presented.

=TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10)&CHAR(42)&" ",TRUE,IF(('Test 2022'!$W:$W=$A4)*('Test 2022'!$AB:$AB="Jan")*('Test 2022'!$D:$D="Yes"),'Test 2022'!$F:$F,""))

Text:

legacy pricing, fees start when training and implementation starts on 3/1/2022
* ramp up pricing over first 2 years, yearly fees due to ARR under $5k
* Requires additional contract, 2 fee structures for order form and disclosure
It works perfectly in that it creates an "*" and line feed between each element. I would like to replace the "*" with a sequential number so the output would be numbered:

1. legacy pricing, fees start when training and implementation starts on 3/1/2022
2. ramp up pricing over first 2 years, yearly fees due to ARR under $5k
3. Requires additional contract, 2 fee structures for order form and disclosure

Is that possible with TEXTJOIN? Thanks for your review and suggestions.

Ah, since I sent the original formula, I have been working on the sheet and added a column to the reference data worksheet. It now produces a 5, which is the expected result. Thanks for all your help and have a good night's rest.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
My sincere apologies. From the time I sent the original formula, I continued to work on the sheet and added a new column. I realized it when you sent your last message. When I adjusted your original formula with the new column values, it worked perfectly. I have never used the FILTER or LET function and will be sure to investigate those more for their potential. Again, sorry for the oversight and thanks for a great solution. Now, you can rest easy. :)

=IFERROR(LET(f,FILTER('Test 2022'!$F:$F,('Test 2022'!$W:$W=$A4)*('Test 2022'!$AB:$AB="Jan")*('Test 2022'!$D:$D="Yes")),c,CONCAT(SEQUENCE(ROWS(f))&". "&f&CHAR(10)),LEFT(c,LEN(c)-1)),"")

Upvote 0
I continued to work on the sheet and added a new column. I realized it when you sent your last message.
We've all been there and made that mistake, it's easily done. Glad you got it working :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back