Access 2002 change report header text

mstafford2020

Platform
  1. Windows
Hello.. I have a customer I'm helping with access 2002. He has changed his company address and I need to make the changes permanent for future invoices he makes. I've never used access and have already done a ton of research but can't find out how to do it. The info I need to change is on a "report"...I however have successfully opened up a report in design view and changed it...but it only shows those changes on past reports, not any new invoices made, still shows old info. I have attached pics of the area. I somehow need how to change info on the master report if there is such a thing...hope that makes sense.
InkedScreenshot 2020-12-30 142418_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-30 142315.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-30 142315.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Welcome to the Board!

Open up the Report that is not showing the correct information, and switch to Design View.
Then go Properties, and change the "Selection type" at the top to "Report", so it is showing you the properties of the report.
Take a look at the "Record Source" property. This is where it is pulling the data from the Report from.
Take a look at that, which will be a Table or a Query, and see what the data in there looks like.
Is it correct there? If not, you will need to update that data source.

If it is correct, go back to the Report in Design View, and take a look at those fields in the Report (I am guessing it is in a Header section).
Check out the Properties of the fields that list that company information, and see if it is hard-coded, or pulling from some field.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.
Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.
If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Open up the Report that is not showing the correct information, and switch to Design View.
Then go Properties, and change the "Selection type" at the top to "Report", so it is showing you the properties of the report.
Take a look at the "Record Source" property. This is where it is pulling the data from the Report from.
Take a look at that, which will be a Table or a Query, and see what the data in there looks like.
Is it correct there? If not, you will need to update that data source.

If it is correct, go back to the Report in Design View, and take a look at those fields in the Report (I am guessing it is in a Header section).
Check out the Properties of the fields that list that company information, and see if it is hard-coded, or pulling from some field.
Thank you Joe4 for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't realize the 2 forums were connected. I ditched the other forum because I was getting snide remarks and they didn't seem to be in a helpful frame of mind...In any event, I followed your instructions and this is where I'm now stuck. The part where you say " Take a look at that, which will be a Table or a Query, and see what the data in there looks like." the record source property is called tomorrow2 and is in was in the query section and I can't see the "header" info in any of the fields...only everything else. I attached a screenshot of the query boxes.

Attachments

• unnamed (2).png
    unnamed (2).png
    21.7 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I was getting snide remarks and they didn't seem to be in a helpful frame of mind
Myself excluded. I asked you to post a copy of the db so that I could fix it for you, but you did not. I also gave you a detailed explanation of what to do when you failed to comment on that, which was practically identical to the advice you got here. You likely could have had it fixed by now. Instead you are fishing around rather than ignoring those people and following up with someone who offered to really help.

The forums are not connected, but you will find that many who try to help do so in more than one or two places so it's not uncommon to find cross posting.

Upvote 0
Myself excluded. I asked you to post a copy of the db so that I could fix it for you, but you did not. I also gave you a detailed explanation of what to do when you failed to comment on that, which was practically identical to the advice you got here. You likely could have had it fixed by now. Instead you are fishing around rather than ignoring those people and following up with someone who offered to really help.

The forums are not connected, but you will find that many who try to help do so in more than one or two places so it's not uncommon to find cross posting.
Understood... My customer didn't allow me to copy his database. I didn't fully understand your directions and I was frustrated trying to get this fixed. I apologize for not being more cooperative on this. frustration combined with not fully understanding what to do...again I'm sorry.

Upvote 0
If you remain stuck, consider creating a new db, importing that report into it and posting that. Likely whatever needs to be changed to arrive at a solution won't be in that db but at least if should be possible to figure out what you need to do from there.

Upvote 0
If you remain stuck, consider creating a new db, importing that report into it and posting that. Likely whatever needs to be changed to arrive at a solution won't be in that db but at least if should be possible to figure out what you need to do from there.
Ok..I'll do my best...Thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0
FWIW, seeing as how you're looking to change a header that seems to belong to whomever owns the db, I don't see the data being in a query because it's static. At least that's what I gathered from your posts in both forums.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back