Access Database for Tracking Time Off

timorrill

I am creating a database that will allow employees to enter scheduled time off (vacation, etc.) and allow management to assign work accordingly.

When a manager clicks an employee's name, I would like a calendar (monthly view) to pop up, populated with the entries that the employee has provided.

Are there any ideas about how to create this type of calendar, and how to set up the coding to populate it with entries?

Here's an example. Suppose John Doe enters a scheduled vacation day on January 1, 2007, for 8 hours. When a manager clicks John's name, the manager should see a pop up window with a montly view of the current month. The manager should then be able to select January 2007 and see the month of January. On Jan 1, there would be an entry that says "8 - Vacation".

The calendar control in Access allows for most of this functionality (i.e., allowing the user to select different months and years, etc.), but I don't think I can write anything to individual dates.

I welcome all suggestions and ideas!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Why not use the calendar control and then an adjacent text box (or a variety of other controls) that display what is occurring on a given day.

I haven't checked it out but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't color code dates inside the calendar controls that indicate something to management.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieDP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back