Accrued daily costs

yesman

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for all the really useful information on these boards they have helped me no end but I have hit a brick wall.

Here is the problem.

I am creating a simple spreadsheet which will allow me to monitor all items I have on hire. I have created the spreadsheet and included all of the columns I need. I have created fields to show date hired, date off-hired and a column that shows daily and weekly hire costs as well as a column that shows the current cost of hire based on the daily rate.

I am having trouble working out the formula to stop accruing costs when the 'date off-hired' date is entered.

This is what I need to show.

The current cost of hire based on daily hire costs, changing to weekly hire cost when 7 days since the 'date hire' date is reached. I then need the cost to stop accruing when a 'date off-hired' date is entered.

I hope somebody can help me as I am really stumped. Have a good day.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
=IF(ISBLANK(D1),INT(NOW())-C2:)*100%/1*k2)

This is where I have got to so far. Although it's not right.

Date hired is in C2, Date off-hired is D2, Daily hire rate is in K2 and weekly hire rate is in L2. The cell the formula is being written in is in M2.

I hope this makes sense...

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for all the really useful information on these boards they have helped me no end but I have hit a brick wall.

Here is the problem.

I am creating a simple spreadsheet which will allow me to monitor all items I have on hire. I have created the spreadsheet and included all of the columns I need. I have created fields to show date hired, date off-hired and a column that shows daily and weekly hire costs as well as a column that shows the current cost of hire based on the daily rate.

I am having trouble working out the formula to stop accruing costs when the 'date off-hired' date is entered.

This is what I need to show.

The current cost of hire based on daily hire costs, changing to weekly hire cost when 7 days since the 'date hire' date is reached. I then need the cost to stop accruing when a 'date off-hired' date is entered.

I hope somebody can help me as I am really stumped. Have a good day.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back