Activating only the last 30 days in Excel Calendar?

yaso1

I'm trying to create a data collection tool in a research study that will only provide the last 30 calendar days from the date it is opened. I'm using Excel Calendar, and I put the information for the date ranges in two cells on the side of the calendar, where the 30-day period start date is L4 (4,12) and end date is in L3 (3,12). I want to lock and black-out the calendar days that are not within that 30-day range to minimize confusion and error.

I pasted what I wrote into VBA so far. I practiced with 4 consecutive calendar days (all in row 6), where 2 of them should have been blacked out because they were outside of the 30-day range.

(Note: each calendar cell has two blank cells below it for data entry, which is why I want to lock and blackout 3 cells at a time for each calendar day.)

-----------------------------------------------
Code:
If ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 2).DateValue <= Cells(3, 12).DateValue And ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 2).DateValue >= Cells(4, 12).DateValue Then
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(6, 2), Cells(7, 2), Cells(8, 2)).Locked = False
Else: ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(6, 2), Cells(7, 2), Cells(8, 2)).Locked = True
End If

If ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 2).DateValue <= Cells(3, 12).DateValue And ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 2).DateValue >= Cells(4, 12).DateValue Then
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(6, 2), Cells(7, 2), Cells(8, 2)).Selection.Interior.Color = RGB(0, 0, 0)
Else: ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(6, 2), Cells(7, 2), Cells(8, 2)).Selection.Interior.Color = RGB(0, 0, 0)
End If

I also tried this:

Code:
If ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 3).DateValue <= Cells(3, 12).DateValue And ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 3).DateValue >= Cells(4, 12).DateValue Then
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(6, 3), Cells(4, 3), Cells(5, 3)).Locked = False
Else: Locked = True
Selection.Interior.Color = RGB(0, 0, 0)
End If

If ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 4).DateValue <= Cells(3, 12).DateValue And ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 4).DateValue >= Cells(4, 12).DateValue Then
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(6, 4), Cells(6, 4), Cells(6, 4)).Locked = False
End If

If ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 5).DateValue <= Cells(3, 12).DateValue And ActiveSheet.Cells(6, 5).DateValue >= Cells(4, 12).DateValue Then
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(6, 5), Cells(6, 5), Cells(6, 5)).Locked = False
End If

End Sub

------------------------

None of this has worked. I'm not sure if I'm getting the DateValue Function wrong, or if I'm missing something else. I was hoping to eventually use a Loop function once I got this step figured out, but I haven't even gotten the first part down...

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules. Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Activating only the last 30 days in Excel Calendar?

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide a link, then there shouldn’t be a problem. :)

Upvote 0
Oops, I apologize for doing that. I'm new to the world of Excel VBA and I'm figuring this stuff out as I go, so I appreciate your feedback :). I read the link you provided and I will edit my post with the cross-post URLs. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybar0812

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back