ActiveX ComboBox - Blank rows and duplicate values

CarolynS

Board Regular
HI

I have added 2 combo boxes to a spreadsheet. The 1st is used to select a BU and the second is a dependant drop down for selecting a sub BU based on the BU chosen in combo box 1. I have used this sort of set up before and it has worked fine.

However, ComboBox2 doesn't seem to display the rows correctly when clicked. It is showing some or all of the list then several balnks followed by 1 or 2 duplicate values from the list. I have a screenshot but can't work out how to attach it??

The list fill range is a dynamic named range within the workbook. I am using vba to carry out an advanced fiter when ComboBox 1 changes so that the list fill range for ComboBox 2 shows a list of relevant sub BUs. All looks ok with the lists and named range. Seem to be display correctly on the worksheet but still I get the blanks and duplicates in the dropdown.

List rows also varies dependant on the number of rows in the list fill range. I am again using VBA to change this value when ComboBox 1 changes. When I check the properties of ComboBox 2 after each change, it is shwoing the correct value for List rows, however, the actual dropdown has more rows due to the duplicate and blanks.

I don't think this is imapcting the functionality of my workbook but it is more cosmetic and this is due to go out to a wide audience so I'd like to get the issue resolved.

Many thanks

p.s. if someone can tell me how to attach a file I will add in my screenshot

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back