Add an Excel formula to an access query? Questions about a project.

Alane

Hello,

I have a large amount of data in an excel spreadsheet (over 22K in rows). I imported the spreadsheet into access as a table and made some queries, but the problem is that I'm not sure how to incorporate the much needed excel formulas into the queries to analyze the table. Here is one of the queries (SQL view):

SELECT DISTINCTROW [Historical 2011 to June 2013].EffectiveYear, [Historical 2011 to June 2013].LifeEventCode, [Historical 2011 to June 2013].AccCarrier, Avg([Historical 2011 to June 2013].PayRate) AS [Avg PayRate], Sum([Historical 2011 to June 2013].AccCost) AS [Sum Of AccCost]
FROM [Historical 2011 to June 2013]
GROUP BY [Historical 2011 to June 2013].EffectiveYear, [Historical 2011 to June 2013].LifeEventCode, [Historical 2011 to June 2013].AccCarrier
HAVING (((Sum([Historical 2011 to June 2013].AccCost))>0));

and here is the excel formula I need to add in here somehow: =COUNTA(client name OE'!J2:J2418)-SUMPRODUCT(--('client name OE'!J2:J2418={"DECLINED","NOTOFFERED","INELIGIBLE","MAINTAIN",""""})).

This excel formula is excluding cells that contain "declined, notoffered, ineligible, maintain, and any blank cells. When I run the query on the table, I also want it to be able to know NOT to count those cells.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
welcome, Alane

between the FROM clause and the GROUP BY clause, try adding

WHERE [Historical 2011 to June 2013].your_field_name NOT IN ('DECLINED', 'NOTOFFERED', 'INELIGIBLE', 'MAINTAIN') AND [Historical 2011 to June 2013].your_field_name IS NOT NULL

regards

Upvote 0
This what I ended up with for the WHERE statement to work: WHERE (Acc <> 'DECLINED' and Acc <> 'NOTOFFERED' and Acc <> 'INELIGIBLE' and Acc <> 'MAINTAIN' and Acc <> '').

:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back