Add same text to same cell in most worksheets

AusSteelMan

Board Regular
Hi everyone,

I have a workbook with about 30 worksheets, 25 of which the layout is based on a template. I would like to add a person's name to the next available cell in col A of the "Summary" worksheet and in the 25 sheets (W1 to W25).

Notes:
* Each "W" name list should be fixed (ie not sorted, but I don't think that would matter anyway)
* The Summary sheet will be sorted regularly based on score
* The are lookups and Index/matches to return info from each "W" sheet to the summary.
* I know that the easiest way is to have all the names on the master W template before generating the rest of the sheets, but I will need to add as more people come along. I know I could add a name to each of the sheets, but I am also plan to insert formula's and run other VBA (insert checkboxes). I think I can get that part of the coding (but I'll cross that bridge when i get to it).

Hope I have provide enough info without clouding the issue.

As always, any help is appreciated. I have searched and played around but to no avail.

Regards,
Darren

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
A simple method, if you only want to insert the name once is to click on master sheet then hold shift click on last w sheet and type name in.
this will place the name in the same cell across all sheets.

CAUTION

remember to click out of the sheets so that anything else you do is not copied across all sheets.

Once you have done this the cells are not linked so if you sort the master using VBA of sheet formulas the name you placed will stay on the W sheets where you placed it.

Upvote 0
Thanks Dryver14,

I did know this although I had forgotten I knew, so thanks for reminding me. This may be an option, but probably a fall back option.

The main reason I wanted to go code was so I can use the first available row number to not only insert the newly added name, but to also use the same number (parse?) into another sub which will insert some checkboxes into a range. That is, the row component of the insert range is the same row number as the new name.

That said, I am making some progress on that front. If I need more help (likely) then I will post again.

Thanks again.
Darren

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back