Adding Amortization Schedule of Many Loans-Macro Help

dariushou

Board Regular
Hi there,

I'm new to Macros and have been looking around on the board and google for a while to try to do this myself, but haven't succeded and hope someone out there can help me.

Here's what i have and what i want to do:

I have, lets say 1000 individual mortgage loans with each loans characteristics in its own row. For example, the first loan is in row 1 with all of its mortgage characteristics (age, rate, term, balance, etc...) in columns A thru M. So loan two starts on row 2 and so forth.

I then have produced the amortization schedule based on this loans characteristics. The amortization table is on another sheet and takes up columns A-J.

What i want to do is create a macro that goes through and amortizes all 1000 mortgage loans and sums up certain columns in my amortization table and puts this data in its own sheet within the same workbook.

I can do this manually by amortizing each loan separately and adding the columns i want, but as you can imagine, it would take a very long time.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Darius

Hi nwfunk,

In Darius' situation, he had modeled the amortization schedule ONSHEET. It was not done by the code. The code simply did the aggregation. You can google "standard mortgage credit foncier" or suchlike to find out how to model the periodic paydown of a loan if you don't know. Much easier to simply do onsheet --> aggregate with the vbA as in the example.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pranjal9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back