Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like to use Excel as a template/guide for a filling out a check. So I copied a sheet of checks as a jpg which is 8 1/2 by 11 inches. Then added the jpg as a background picture to my spreadsheet. I was going to align cells to the areas that needed to be filled which I would then write some formulas to fill. Being that the background image doesn't print, I would feed a check sheet into my printer and print the sheet, which should overlay the data in the sheet over the check sheet.

Problem is that the background image is tiling, but even worse the image seemed to have scaled and on the printed page it seems to be about a third of the image.
Being that the image was 8 1/2 by 11 inches shouldn't it be that if I set the print area to the image while in portrait orientation that one page should print, not 6, which it is currently doing?
Help....

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Ran across the same issue before.

What I found on the Net was instructions to size the image the same as the sheet background dimensions to avoid tiling.
To be honest, I did it be trial and error. Took some time but I finally made the image fit the resolution of my worksheet.
And, since it was for personal use on the same computer at all times, I wasn't concerned with the workbook being used
in a different resolution.

https://excel.tips.net/T002203_Non-Tiled_Background_Pictures.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fj0A6WvYAg

Upvote 0
Both links don't really help me.
the first suggests to make sure the image is sized as a full sheet, is not helpful, I want my image to be the size of the printed page, which it is, it just doesn't seem to match what gets displayed on the screen.
The second link, just has a trick of coloring in the other cells to hide the tiled image.
My problem is that the image which is 8 1/2 by 11 should be able to be used to template fields that when printed should match up as the image, and they don't

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodeCybear

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back