Adding

eric.l.bohon

Board Regular
Question and need some help. I have a query with 3 fields that when numbers are inputted in add together to make a number that totals them up together to make a number in another field. For example: one field is 33, 2nd field is 25 and 3rd field is 45. Then in the 4th field it totals the 3 fields and makes 103.

I have tried everything that I know and can not get it to total. Everything I have tried makes the field show like this 332545.

Can anyone help

eric

I realise that's the sort of thing you want to do, but I'm not in the Army so I don't know what the logic behind something like that might be.:)

What I was looking for was more along the lines of this.

If A = X and B=Y Then Z

The reason I want to know this is because your posted expression is hard to interpret.

Why are you using And for example?

PS If you are trying to use * as a wildcard in the second IIf you don't have the right syntax, you should be using Like instead of =.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Forgot to ask this in my first question. The expression that you gave me work but forgot to ask this. on the 2-mile run some of the soldiers in the army have a profile that keeps them from taking the 2-mile run, instead they take a alternat event. Now what would I add to the end of this expression that you gave me: TOTAL: Val([CO DATA]![PUSH-UPSCORE])+Val([SIT-UPSCORE])+Val([2-MILE RUNSCORE]) if there is nothing in the 2-mile runscore field and there is a score in the alernateeventscore field how would this add up.

Upvote 0
Hi Eric

Try replacing this part:
+Val([2-MILE RUNSCORE])

with something like this:
+Iif(IsNull([2-MILE RUNSCORE]),[ALT_EVENT_SCORE],[2-MILE RUNSCORE])

Make sure you use your actual field name in place of 'ALT_EVENT_SCORE'.

What is the required fitness level for someone who is say 20? I'm curious to see how the requirements compare with here.

Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back