Addition to a Pivot Table

Robert_Conklin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Good evening. I am using Excel to track the progress of supplier onboarding. I have a cell that calculates the # of days elapsed using the following formula;

Excel Formula:
=IF([@[LAST ACTIONING DATE]]="","",TODAY()-[@[LAST ACTIONING DATE]])

I also have conditional formatting set up to change the text bold red if the count is greater than 14 days.

Here is the ask...I am trying to add this information to a pivot table but when I add the column to the "Values", it does not show the data. I tried formatting the cells as "Number" and still doesn't work with the "General" formatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Can you show us a sample of your data? I think this should work just fine.

Upvote 0
VN
SUPPLIER NAME
ACM_ID
SM_ID - ARIBA
IS SUPPLIER IN ARIBA?
STAKEHOLDER
CATEGORY
SOURCING OWNER
LAST ACTIONING DATE
# OF DAYS ELAPSED
DOCU SIGN INC
ACM_10866767
S43043622
YES
ALEX BRASHER
IT / CONSULTING
ALEX BRASHER
12/1/2023
KPMG, LLP
ACM_12010362
S45844952
YES
ALEX BRASHERIT / CONSULTINGALEX BRASHER12/14/20231

Upvote 0
I have created a table with your data and a pivot table, and it works just fine.

Is it something with your formating maybe? why do your sample have so many cells and rectancles in another rectangle?

wierd cell.png

Mine just looks like this:

Libro1
ABCDEFGHIJKLM
1VNSUPPLIER NAMEACM_IDSM_ID - ARIBAIS SUPPLIER IN ARIBA?STAKEHOLDERCATEGORYSOURCING OWNERLAST ACTIONING DATE# OF DAYS ELAPSED
21079188DOCU SIGN INCACM_10866767S43043622YESALEX BRASHERIT / CONSULTINGALEX BRASHER01/12/202317Etiquetas de filaSuma de # OF DAYS ELAPSED
31033459KPMG, LLPACM_12010362S45844952YESALEX BRASHERIT / CONSULTINGALEX BRASHER14/12/20234DOCU SIGN INC17
4KPMG, LLP4
5Total general21
Hoja1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J2:J3J2=IF([@[LAST ACTIONING DATE]]="","",TODAY()-[@[LAST ACTIONING DATE]])

Upvote 0
I just added a table from the menu and copy/pasted my info into it. Not sure why you are seeing all of it. Did you copy the same formatting I described in my original post? Would it be easier to email my original copy to you/.

Upvote 0
Can you share your bb code? Or upload the excel somewhere and share the link here?

Upvote 0
If figured it out. It has something to do with the conditional formatting I had set up in the worksheet that prevented the correct figures from showing up in the pivot table. I removed the conditional formatting in the worksheet. Added the values to the pivot. Then set the conditional formatting back up. It works fine now. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back