Additional check for current year

Tej92

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all, how can i adjust this formula to also look for the year value in the column A of the same sheet and need to match it to the current year.
it needs to confirm both cases.
=IFERROR(IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(I$2,INDIRECT("'"&TEXTBEFORE($A3," ",2)&"_data'!D:D"),1,FALSE)),AV3,"Yes"),AV3)

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
add this to your formula: IF(Year(A3) = Year(Today()) ..... insert your formula... , "")

Excel Formula:
=if(Year(A3)=Year(Today()),IFERROR(IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(I$2,INDIRECT("'"&TEXTBEFORE($A3," ",2)&"_data'!D:D"),1,FALSE)),AV3,"Yes"),AV3),"")

Note: Use of many volatile functions will slow performance of your workbook considerably (INDIRECT and TODAY) the larger and larger the workbook gets.

Upvote 0
Hi, this formula needs to perform a multiple vlookup, in sheet where the column D is being checked in.
in a3 is the name of the sheet.
in that sheet's column D is the week numbers
column A has dates.
i need the formula to check for the week number and year and if found for the current year to return yes.

@awoohaw thank you for the formula but this doesn't work, i definitely didn't explain properly, apolofies.

Upvote 0
You did not mention week number in your OP. How about posting a mini worksheet using hte xl2bb addi in (link below in signature) for each of your worksheets? Just a portion of the data. if you can't use xl2bb then copy and paste selected cells from your workbooks sheets. Don't post an image as the forum must completely recreate your scenario.

Do you have any kind of working formula that uses the week number?

Upvote 0
This is sheet 1
Week246810121416
Area 1Jo SmithYesJo SmithYesYesYesYesYes
Area 2No SmithYesNo SmithYesYesYesYesYes
Area 3Go SmithYesJo SmithYesYesYesYesYes

this for example is Area 1_data
DateAuditorScoreWeek
20/04/2023​
Jo Smith
83.33%​
16​
10/05/2023​
Go Smith
94.44%​
18​
11/05/2023​
No Smith
100.00%​
18​

this is the current formula that works and gives me the name of the person from another table, if Area 1_data does not have the audit done it will leave the name in place otherwise write Yes
=IFERROR(IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(I$2,INDIRECT("'"&TEXTBEFORE($A3," ",2)&"_data'!D:D"),1,FALSE)),AV3,"Yes"),AV3)

thank you for looking into it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back