Advance formula 3 columns

Kim B

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi all. I need help with adjusting every three columns for cell ref below. Everything else in the formula stays the same

Starting in column O, the formula is copied into R and then U and so on.
=SUMIFS('Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$D:$D,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!O$4,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

needs to read when copied to column R

=SUMIFS('Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$D:$D,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!R$4,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

Starting in column P, the formula is copied into S and so on.
=SUMIFS('Forecast 1-9'!$D:$D,'Forecast 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!P$4,'Forecast 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

needs to read when copied to column S

=SUMIFS('Forecast 1-9'!$D:$D,'Forecast 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!S$4,'Forecast 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

Thanks for any help

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
this one incase you can't see it

ws.Range(ws.Cells(4, i), ws.Cells(43, i)).Formula2 = frm1
I saw it. I was asking after the specific error message, but I am getting the same thing on my side. I tested all of it except for the actual formulas, so I am trying to work through those at the moment.

Upvote 0
Okay, see if this does any better:
VBA Code:
Private Sub EnterFormula2()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim i As Long, j As Long
Dim fX1 As String, fX2 As String
Dim shName1 As String, shName2 As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each ws In Worksheets
    If InStr(ws.Name, "by Store Data Pull") Then
        shName1 = "'Paste CSV File Here " & WorksheetFunction.Substitute(ws.Name, "by Store Data Pull ", "") & "'!"
        shName2 = "'" & ws.Name & "'!"

For i = 15 To 1256 Step 3
            j = i + 1
            fX1 = "=SUMIFS(" & shName1 & "C4," & shName1 & "C1," & shName2 & "R4C," & shName1 & "C2," & shName2 & "R[2]C1)"
            ws.Range(ws.Cells(4, i), ws.Cells(43, i)).FormulaR1C1 = fX1
            fX2 = "=SUMIFS('Forecast 1-9'!C4,'Forecast 1-9'!C1," & shName2 & "R4C,'Forecast 1-9'!C2," & shName2 & "R[2]C1)"
            ws.Range(ws.Cells(4, j), ws.Cells(43, j)).FormulaR1C1 = fX2
        Next i
    End If
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Upvote 0
Okay, see if this does any better:
VBA Code:
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim i As Long, j As Long

shName1 = "'Paste CSV File Here " & WorksheetFunction.Substitute(ws.Name, "by Store Data Pull ", "") & "'!"

j = i + 1
            fX1 = "=SUMIFS(" & shName1 & "C4," & shName1 & "C1," & shName2 & "R4C," & shName1 & "C2," & shName2 & "R[2]C1)"
            fX2 = "=SUMIFS('Forecast 1-9'!C4,'Forecast 1-9'!C1," & shName2 & "R4C,'Forecast 1-9'!C2," & shName2 & "R[2]C1)"
        Next i
    End If
Next

End Sub
Taking an abnormal amount of time to run. and when I hit escape, fx2 line is highlighted. The forecast tab doesn't need updating. It is just the by store date pull tabs that need the paste csv formulas updated to match the store data pull tab x-xx. should formula readh "by store data pull instead of forecast1-9? or remove that line althogether?

Upvote 0
Taking an abnormal amount of time to run.
How many sheets are in the workbook? I was only testing on 5, but it usually wasn't too long.

and when I hit escape, fx2 line is highlighted. The forecast tab doesn't need updating. It is just the by store date pull tabs that need the paste csv formulas updated to match the store data pull tab x-xx.
I don't know why it would be highlighting that line. Further testing may be in order.

should formula readh "by store data pull instead of forecast1-9? or remove that line althogether?
Should it? I just copied the exact formula from your original post and put it where you said it should go.

Upvote 0
How many sheets are in the workbook? I was only testing on 5, but it usually wasn't too long.

I don't know why it would be highlighting that line. Further testing may be in order.

Should it? I just copied the exact formula from your original post and put it where you said it should go.

Upvote 0
The original was to update the cell reference to skip every two rows and then they changed it on me to only needing the paste formula to be upated to match what the store data pull tab says.

So all we need now is to have the paste csv formulas to agree to the red by store data pull x-xx, which has 31 tabs for January starting in column O for all store data pull tabs
=SUMIFS('Paste CSV File Here 1-2'!$D:$D,'Paste CSV File Here 1-2'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-12'!O$4,'Paste CSV File Here 1-2'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-12'!$A6). Each day of the month has 3 tabs. The forecast and paste csv tabs are filled with data. The by store data pull has the paste csv reference formula that needs to match the tab date.
1709926089367.png

Upvote 0
Okay, see if this helps with speed:
VBA Code:
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim i As Long, j As Long

On Error Resume Next

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
            j = i + 1
        Next i
    End If
Next
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Okay, see if this helps with speed:
VBA Code:
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim i As Long, j As Long

On Error Resume Next

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
            j = i + 1
        Next i
    End If
Next
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic

End Sub
I am getting an error on 1st line, Private sub enterformula2 (). And then when I hit debug, last line True turns blue

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back