Advance formula 3 columns

Kim B

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi all. I need help with adjusting every three columns for cell ref below. Everything else in the formula stays the same

Starting in column O, the formula is copied into R and then U and so on.
=SUMIFS('Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$D:$D,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!O$4,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

needs to read when copied to column R

=SUMIFS('Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$D:$D,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!R$4,'Paste CSV File Here 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

Starting in column P, the formula is copied into S and so on.
=SUMIFS('Forecast 1-9'!$D:$D,'Forecast 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!P$4,'Forecast 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

needs to read when copied to column S

=SUMIFS('Forecast 1-9'!$D:$D,'Forecast 1-9'!$A:$A,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!S$4,'Forecast 1-9'!$B:$B,'by Store Data Pull 1-9'!$A6)

Thanks for any help

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Can you take a screenshot of the error post it please?
1710174775878.png

Upvote 0
When you copied the code, you missed the "End Sub" line at the bottom. Either recopy the entire code, or add that line in after line "Application.ScreenUpdating = True".

Upvote 0
When you copied the code, you missed the "End Sub" line at the bottom. Either recopy the entire code, or add that line in after line "Application.ScreenUpdating = True".
Sorry about that. I corrected the code but it takes really long to run and I can't tell if it bombed. Can we take forecast ref out and what if we tell it to start at column O. That is where the paste csv formula starts.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised setting calculations to manual didn't help. I was also having issues with it running for quite a long time, sometimes even after it actually finished it just kept "running". When I added the change to calculations, it finished within seconds. Granted, I was only testing on 7 sheets instead of 30-31. I still expected it to finish much quicker for you. I really don't think the forecast sheet is making any difference, but we can try. And I am not sure what you want by starting at column O as it is already starting there.

Something else is going on for it to be not be getting any better with the changes made. Perhaps if you can upload your sheet to a file share, I could take a look at it when I get home. At this point, I am out of ideas to help, and the issue could entirely be on your side somewhere outside of the code.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised setting calculations to manual didn't help. I was also having issues with it running for quite a long time, sometimes even after it actually finished it just kept "running". When I added the change to calculations, it finished within seconds. Granted, I was only testing on 7 sheets instead of 30-31. I still expected it to finish much quicker for you. I really don't think the forecast sheet is making any difference, but we can try. And I am not sure what you want by starting at column O as it is already starting there.

Something else is going on for it to be not be getting any better with the changes made. Perhaps if you can upload your sheet to a file share, I could take a look at it when I get home. At this point, I am out of ideas to help, and the issue could entirely be on your side somewhere outside of the code.
I just closed out of all excell workbooks and walked away. I came back 9 minutes later and it worked! So watched pot never boils. thank you, thank you thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back