Advanced Auto Filter

NYEXCEL1

Board Regular
I have the table below, when I select my auto filter criteria (Overservice <50% IN RED) all rows except the first are hidden rather than just the ones over 50%. Can anyone see why this may be occuring. thanks

OverserviceOptimal Time CostTime Cost ReductionAvg Rate HoursOverservice
151.5% $ 27,455.79 $ 18,582.96 $ 147.50 126<50%
61.9% $ 28,731.51 $ 2,274.74 $ 129.64 18
25.0%
46.5% $ 170.20
81.9% $ 28,500.00 $ 6,068.75 $ 175.24 35
185.9% $ 29,462.60 $ 26,693.66 $ 165.26 162
133.7% $ 28,613.16 $ 15,974.34 $ 164.03 97

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col span="2"></colgroup>

I got it to work but i put the criteria filter above the set of data. is that the only way it works?
The criteria can be anywhere, even on a different sheet, though to do this you should open the advanced filter dialogue box when the sheet with the criteria range on it is active.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
If you follow the WHOLE post, the criteria problem was actually answered by the moderator. I appreciate the assistance. If you have an answer on the chart question, i would be more than happy to discuss with you.
thank you for your help

Upvote 0
There is only one post by the moderator after your question which I quoted, and it appears only to refer to WHAT the criterion could be, and I can't find any reference to WHERE the criteria range can be. I thought you were complaining that it only worked when that range was above the set of data, as Excel's help suggests it should be. Sorry to have wasted your time.
Regarding the chart question, what's the chart type, and how's the data organised? I've looked over the whole thread and can't find any Client data, nor any date data.
Perhaps a cut-down version of your sheet on a file sharing site and a link to it here? (eg. box.net amongst many others), perhaps with a chart showing all clients and dates, so that we can tweak.

Upvote 0
First let me apologize, i didnt realize that you comment was a footer to your post. gave the wrong impression.

I started a new thread call "Excel Charting" with all the details if you wish to go there. Thank you for your help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back