Advanced VBA: Amortization Table Project

FIRSTCHOICE

Board Regular
Hello,

I was doing some work the other day and it involved building a lengthy amortization table with variables rates and I thought to myself man this would be so much easier if there was a formula or some sort of module that could do this work for me. So I went scouring the internet trying to find something and I can up short. I was able to find shoddy codes here and there that really didn't do anything special, generally just building a fixed rate table.

If there is code out that will either create a table with given inputs, such as variable rates and additional pmts than please lead me in that direction. If not I think it would be for the good of the internet to develop something. Now I say develop something but I know that my code writing abilities have gotten pretty good over the years but no where near where I think they need to be to get the desired output.

I have two ideas:

1) Develop code that allows the user to create a table automatically with bevy variable data (rates, early payments, IO) and have the table output to a new sheet or something.

2) This second idea is a little more complex and where my rational for this post started. I would love to create some code where I could input all my amortization information and have it output specific data points. Example: I put in $100 loan at 10% for Amort 5 years and I could have it output How much principal is left after 4 years or I could have it tell me the accrued interest after each year. Essentially something with variable inputs and outputs.

What do you think?

Thanks,

-HN

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxkapoor

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back