All pivot tables with OLAP Cube data sources refreshing instead of specified pivot

RThomas05

Hi All,

First post but let me thank the board for all the knowledge i've gained from this board, I'm self taught with VBA and have come a long way with the help from this great resource! My question is somewhat of the opposite of what most users are asking for which is why i started this thread. I have an excel file with 40+ pivot tables some are OLAP Cube sourced data others are O'Data. I have a tab that lists all the pivot tables in the file and has a column next to each pivot table name that has drop downs of yes/no. My macro moves through each of those drop downs and then refreshes the specific pivot based on those selections. Recently i've noticed that a table that i have marked as "no" has been changing. Upon investigation i've realized that when one OLAP Cube sourced pivot is refreshed it refreshes all OLAP pivots. This could be helpful for some but it is the opposite for me as i want those "no" specified tables to keep their historic data, in this situation it is a pivot for the month of April which is long past. Here is the part of my code that i use to refresh the tables marked "yes".

If Cells(i, 15) = "Yes" Then Sheet = "" & Cells(i, 8) & ""
Table = Cells(i, 9)
Set pt = Sheets(Sheet).PivotTables(Table)
.RefreshTable

There is more to the code but for discussion sake that is all that i think applies for my question. It then goes onto next i sort of thing and continues down the list. Does anyone know if what i'm looking to do is possible? If so any suggestions would be very helpful as this has been a pain in my butt for the last few weeks. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Rob

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I would make sure all my tables have a different name, then refer to them by name

Upvote 0
Question? You have one data source (OLAP) connection that feeds into multiple pivot tables?

Upvote 0
I'm looking into this currently "unshare a data cache between pivot tables" I'll share if that resolves my problem

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back