3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2013
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi All,

My husband struggles with Excel and finds G Sheets easier to work with. So this is my current situation. I am trying to create an inventory system of sorts. Overall I will not have more than 21 items but to create the final product I might need 3 items up to say 10 items. So what I was thinking of doing was creating a XLOOKUP table that has the final product with all the items required to create the item which I can then use to create my raw cossts.

But now saying it out-loud that doesn't seem to make sense.

For example lets say this

Pepper Oil (final product) - Cost would be total of all elements to produce

1 x 1/2 litre of oil
1 x 3/4 kilo of peppercorns
1 x Pepper Oil label
1 x 500ml bottle
1 x 500ml lid
1 x Admin fees
1 x fixed costs (cleaning cooking etc)

Listed above is just an example of how I am attacking this. All my raw costs are in bulk example 40 litres of Oil is $40 therefore my oil cost in this case is $0.50 if I extended that out then my total production cost might be $5.99. Is XLOOKUP the way to do this or am I looking for a solution in another direction?

Thanks In advance

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
hi @N0t Y0urs, Can you include a picture or table of what the data looks like to make it easier for someone to know the achievements you want further?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I did think about it earlier but got stuck on what you needed vs what meets upload file size criteria.

So currently I am working off a COGS Sheet for each product see below. Sorry missing columns but they are C,D,E,G,H

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 11.40.37 am.png
So from here I have another sheet (Resources) which is where I was thinking of the table to use for XLOOKUP. In the above image I would have column G report the cost for this particular product. My Resources would have my bulk costs that I could expand to bring it back to a single measurement level but I see that as slightly redundant

So this is currently the start of my Resource Sheet as I am trying just to get all costs on one sheet, then I can figure out look, groups and referencing (lookup stuff). Currently columns B-F

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 11.48.48 am.png

Hope this helps a little

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back