Annoying Autocorrect in Excel 2007 VBA IDE

Roopher

Board Regular
Hello there!

Does someone know how to prevent that autocorrect "feature" in the Excel 2007 VBA IDE? It always deletes the last space I type after a second or so, i.e. moving the cursor to the left whenever I stop typing (to think for a moment or so). Grrr.

Thank you!

ps.
(The behaviour is VERY annoying, I guess this "feature" has sneaked into my Excel through these ever-dangerous Windows auto-updates...)

Re: Annoying Autocorrect ... Resolved.

Hello Colin Legg,

I found that turning off the automatic calculation mode in Excel remedies the issue of overly sensitive IDE auto-correct.

The problem became more severe when I use UDFs, but it's gone in manual calculation mode. The switching to/from auto/manual is, for me, much less bugging than the described auto-correct.

Thanks for the replies, Colin & All!

Best regards

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Okay, because of the types of workbooks I use at work, I always have calcs set to manual. But out of curiousity, didn't toggling BBG realtime updates off fix the problem?

Upvote 0
Okay, because of the types of workbooks I use at work, I always have calcs set to manual. But out of curiousity, didn't toggling BBG realtime updates off fix the problem?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back