8. 2007
  9. 2003 or older
  10. Prefer Not To Say
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Mobile
  4. Web
I have to sheets in the xl start folder, xl2bb and personal macro wb. Seems that more than 1/2 the time I open excel it opens two blank screens that i need to minimize so i can see the new wb. And then when I exit excel they are still open and i need to close them via task manager.

If I remove the wb from the start folder excel works fine, but the i can not access my macros or xl2bb.

Any ideas what can cause this?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
I have to sheets in the xl start folder, xl2bb and personal macro wb. Seems that more than 1/2 the time I open excel it opens two blank screens that i need to minimize so i can see the new wb. And then when I exit excel they are still open and i need to close them via task manager.

If I remove the wb from the start folder excel works fine, but the i can not access my macros or xl2bb.

Any ideas what can cause this?
You don't to have a start folder for Macros or XL2BB to work. You must be doing wrong somewhere else.

Upvote 0
well - when you enable the personal workbook it defaults to the startup folder as does the XL2bb when you open it.
What other option do I have?

From google

1660678914368.png

Upvote 0
anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
Your Personal macro workbook should be in XLSTART but XL2BB shouldn't really. You should install it from the add-ins folder.

Upvote 0
Thanks, the reason i run it from the start folder is when i added it as an add in it would not work. No option to utilize it is present

Upvote 0
Did you unblock it?

Upvote 0
did not read anything about unblocking in the installation instructions. where /how would i do that?

Upvote 0
So for right now I have removed both xl2bb and the PWM from excel. When I start it up it op0ens to book1. If I minimize that book I am left with a black screen which looks like another instance of excel without any open workbooks. I think this is the culprit. What is it and how can I disable it?

Upvote 0
Locate the xlam file in Explorer, right-click and choose Properties and then make sure you select the option to unblock it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back