Anybody out there Contracting... NOT JOB ADVERT...

I'm currently in my 3rd Contract as a 'Data Analyst' (read Excel AND SQL Developer). I was lucky with the 1st two as they were pretty much on my doorstep but the latest one is in Gaydon in Warwickshire (I live in Devon) so I'm away all week.

I agree with Richard on 2 points though, you have to be prepared to look for jobs the week before you want to start them and it always helps to send examples off.

Also you need to remember that in one job you might be King but in the next you’re just a Pauper.

I initially got into Contracting because I saw it as an accelerated way to learn and I can honestly say that after each Contract I’ve left I’ve been twice the Developer I started as.

Dave

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Yes, well I think I'd always try to ensure Aladin isn't working there :)

Hi Luke

I have a friend who lives in UK, Northampton. He is my friend since our school days, almost 2 decades now. He works as a consultant on .Net. He says he earns a living (with luxury) just by working on contract basis in UK. He says it is more money working as a consultant than being an employee of a company. I can give you his contact details incase you wud like to catch up with him ;)

"...but last year we finally made it down to NZ for a holiday"

& you didn't come & say hello? Tut tut...

& Wellington's a much better place to be than Auckland or Christchurch, imo.

Ha!

Well we'll certainly be down again (my wife needs no encouragement when it comes to visiting NZ)... I'll be sure to create a thread nearer the time and we can have a Mr E social !!

P.S. My understanding (limited) is that Wellington has SHOCKING weather...

And stormseed, thanks, you never know...

Luke, can you tell us the secret behind, you putting up an avatar of an a*s as your profile pic ? :devilish:

It's been a while since I had updated my picture and suffice to say the years have not been kind to me.

Plus it's how most of the MVP's make me feel... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back