Appending user input to growing list in next row of data

LouisT

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good evening everyone,
I'm trying to build a new spreadsheet for my wife's work. They want a simple user filled template(i.e. - name, date, product, UPC) which is easy to make however I want to pull that data once it's entered and populate on a second tab to keep a growing list of all the entries as they're made. They aren't Excel users so i'm hoping to do this without VBA and just using formulas if possible?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
LouisT

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I think some details are needed in order to help you.
Can you post samples of what the input sheet looks like, and the structure of the sheet you want to copy/paste those entries to?

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
I think some details are needed in order to help you.
Can you post samples of what the input sheet looks like, and the structure of the sheet you want to copy/paste those entries to?

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. I tried downloading that last night but it keeps telling me "the format is not supported in Protected mode" but my excel is not protected as it's on my personal computer.

Upvote 0
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. I tried downloading that last night but it keeps telling me "the format is not supported in Protected mode" but my excel is not protected as it's on my personal computer.
@smozgur,
Do you have some advice here on what they need to do when this message appears?

Upvote 0
@smozgur,
Do you have some advice here on what they need to do when this message appears?
Thanks, Joe.

I am not quite sure if this happens during the download in Edge or Chrome (the browser) or installation in Excel.

A- If it happens during the download, then it is not related to Excel but the Internet browser. I believe Edge has an Enhanced Security mode (also mentioned as "protected mode") that might avoid files to be downloaded from the internet easily. I am currently not on Windows, however, this is explained in the Browse more safely with Microsoft Edge page. Basically, Edge->Settings->Search for Security to lower the security level to download the file, or perhaps it might be also possible to add the mrexcel.com domain to the trusted sites.

B- @LouisT - If you unzipped the compressed file you downloaded and tried to install the add-in as explained on the XL2BB page, and you got this error then it is likely the default blockage for the files coming from the Internet. When you right-click on the xl2bb.xlam file, click properties, and look at the General tab, do you see an option at the bottom of the dialog that mentions security with an Unblock checkbox? If you do, please check that box, click OK, and retry to install the add-in.

1660751804380.png

Upvote 0
Thanks, Joe.

I am not quite sure if this happens during the download in Edge or Chrome (the browser) or installation in Excel.

A- If it happens during the download, then it is not related to Excel but the Internet browser. I believe Edge has an Enhanced Security mode (also mentioned as "protected mode") that might avoid files to be downloaded from the internet easily. I am currently not on Windows, however, this is explained in the Browse more safely with Microsoft Edge page. Basically, Edge->Settings->Search for Security to lower the security level to download the file, or perhaps it might be also possible to add the mrexcel.com domain to the trusted sites.

B- @LouisT - If you unzipped the compressed file you downloaded and tried to install the add-in as explained on the XL2BB page, and you got this error then it is likely the default blockage for the files coming from the Internet. When you right-click on the xl2bb.xlam file, click properties, and look at the General tab, do you see an option at the bottom of the dialog that mentions security with an Unblock checkbox? If you do, please check that box, click OK, and retry to install the add-in.

View attachment 71815
Hey this was exactly the problem with the "unblock"! Thanks very much!

Upvote 0
Good evening everyone,
I'm trying to build a new spreadsheet for my wife's work. They want a simple user filled template(i.e. - name, date, product, UPC) which is easy to make however I want to pull that data once it's entered and populate on a second tab to keep a growing list of all the entries as they're made. They aren't Excel users so i'm hoping to do this without VBA and just using formulas if possible?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
LouisT
ShoppersDrugMart.xlsx
B
Template

ShoppersDrugMart.xlsx
B
Detailed list

Upvote 0
ShoppersDrugMart.xlsx
B
Template

ShoppersDrugMart.xlsx
B
Detailed list
It looks like you are only electing to copy one cell at a time.
You need to select the WHOLE range you want to copy/paste.

Upvote 0
It looks like you are only electing to copy one cell at a time.
You need to select the WHOLE range you want to copy/paste.
Hey Joe, thanks very much for advising me. Here's the new screenshots:
ShoppersDrugMart.xlsx
BCDEFGH
4Company:Employee:
5Product:Order #:
8Approved By:Date:
Template

ShoppersDrugMart.xlsx
ABCDEFGH
1DateEmployeeGratis ItemUPCOrder #QtyCompanyApproved By
Detailed list

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back