Are there free earlier versions of Excel?

sheetspread

I have Excel 2010 which is no longer supported and can't be activated for more than 30 days at a time. What's my cheapest replacement option?

They're both pretty good though!!
Ok, maybe I'm too picky

Can't beat the price. ?
That's definitely a plus

That must be a licensing issue on your end because I have Excel 2010 installed on one of my PC's and I have no 30 day limit. Nothing wrong with Excel 2010 if you can get a cheap copy on eBay.
When did you install it? If you try a reinstallation it will no longer register.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Ok, maybe I'm too picky

That's definitely a plus

When did you install it? If you try a reinstallation it will no longer register.

The last time I had to do it was 3-4 months ago. No issues. It just needs the license key. There is no 'phone home' process like there is for 365.

Upvote 0
"Copy" was just used in the generic sense. If you took it to mean I suggested anything illegal, then you misunderstood. You can buy a legal, licensed version of older Office software on eBay.
@Riv01
Sorry, I wasn't implying anything illegal, i was suggesting that there are many out ther selling pirated copies that aren't as good as the real thing

Upvote 0
The last time I had to do it was 3-4 months ago. No issues. It just needs the license key. There is no 'phone home' process like there is for 365.

My version requires online registration in addition to the key. Maybe because it's an academic version I bought online (for a lower $$$ !!!!)

Upvote 0
@Riv01
Sorry, I wasn't implying anything illegal, i was suggesting that there are many out ther selling pirated copies that aren't as good as the real thing
The "real thing" sucks in plenty of ways also, but that's a whole nother debate :P

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back