Arrays: How to make this formula work to produce info into four columns

Jtrabe

Hello,
I am bringing in a list using an array function. I use this function without an array it does the job, but when I actually make it do what it is supposed to do as an array it only works for the first column. Can anyone help to make this work so column b, c, and d produce information?

Thank you.

{=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(SS!$B$5:$B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825='DA'!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))))),"",INDEX(SS!$B$5:$B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825='DA'!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825))))))}

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Maybe one of this array formulas (use Ctrl+Shift+Enter and not only Enter):

Code:
D3-> =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(SS!$B$5:$B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROWS($D$3:D3)))),"",
INDEX(SS!$B$5:$B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROWS($D$3:D3))))

Or

D3-> =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(SS!$B$5:$B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),COLUMNS($D$3:D3)))),"",
INDEX(SS!$B$5:$B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),COLUMNS($D$3:D3))))

Markmzz

Upvote 0
Hi Markmzz,

For some reason that continues to still pull only the first column from SS. Any other ideas are welcomed!

Thanks,
J

Upvote 0
I'm trying to pull from SS column 'B' into DA Column A, SS column 'C' into DA Column B, SS column 'D' into DA Column 'C' etc. Based on SS column 'A' and the DA $B$3.

Upvote 0
I am getting a repeat of line one from SS. Any ideas on that one?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is a link to the document that I am trying to produce. I'm stuck and a newbie when it comes to arrays. I appreciate the help!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B92MiuaPhFAiOVlaZXZfWDJ0RzA/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks

Andrew is right. Try this small modification in my last formula:

Code:
=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(SS!B$5:B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROWS($A$5:A5)))),"",
INDEX(SS!B$5:B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROWS($A$5:A5))))

By the way, the Style Sheet is DA_SP14Styles or DA_SU14Styles?

Markmzz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can use this new version:

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(SS!B$5:B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=$B$3,ROW(SS!$A$5:$A$825)-ROW(SS!$A$5)+1),ROWS($A$5:A5))),"")

Markmzz

Upvote 0
Andrew is right. Try this small modification in my last formula:

Code:
=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(SS!B$5:B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROWS($A$5:A5)))),"",
INDEX(SS!B$5:B$825,SMALL(IF(SS!$A$5:$A$825=DA!$B$3,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(SS!$A$5:$A$825)))),ROWS($A$5:A5))))

Markmzz
- This is a drop down to select the between season styles. When I pull the code down to row 6 7 8 9. I and make it an array it continues to only populate row 5 from the style sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back