Attempting Staff Scheduling using Excel

demetri2

Hello

I have been trying to model my own scheduling method in excel but i have come to the last part and i am experiencing lots of difficulties. Can anyone help?

I run a 24/7 call center and the problem is this. To staff a call center we use a formula called Erlang C to calculate "how many heads are needed per hour". After that i used a few other parameters which i factored in and got to the final no of "heads per hour".

Using excel solver add-in i managed to map these required headcount using a set of available shifts (28 variations of shifts to be precise). So now each week i know which shifts should be staffed, with how many persons for each shift in order to schedule according to my forecast.

I have now come to the difficult part which i don't know how to do:

1. Agents should select shifts (preferably 2 options (one preferred option and one backup option)
  2. Some shifts should automatically be selected if another shift is chosen (if i have a shift running 8:00-14:00(A), and another running from 8:00 to 12:00(B), if A is selected then B should automatically be selected as well
  3. Using solver (maybe) calculate which combination of agents shifts (based on their preferences) gives me a result as close to the one i calculated earlier

Tnks for any help, i know its a lot to ask but i am stuck half way through solving this

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi Demetri2. Did you solve this issue? I´m using a spreadsheet with Erlang C formula for staffing but couldn´t figure out how to calculate agents required per interval as an output instead of an input that you change to achieve a target SL. It would be great if you can help me with this problem. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back