auto-fill "payment" tab from the "master" tab debt list

jltjr75

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a sheet with two tabs: master and payment
If the "master" tab has a pay date from the 1st - 14th, I want the information auto-filled under the "payment, 1st Payments" row (columns A thru C auto-filled)
If I delete or change the payment amount or pay date it from the "master" tab I would want it to change or delete accordingly from the "payment" tab
If the "master" tab has a pay date from the 15th - 31st, I want the information auto-filled under the "payment, 15th Payments" row (columns A thru C auto-filled)
same here... If I delete or change the payment amount or pay date on the "master" tab I would want it to change or delete accordingly from the "payment" tab
I pasted a few examples on the payment tab to show what I want to accomplish. My "master" tab frequently changes so just copying would not be sufficient.
What would be the best way to accomplish this? I appreciate the support.

master-tab.png
payment-tab.png

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Try this, my works not pretty but it should work.

=FILTER(master!A:C,(IFERROR((VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2))),0)>=1)*(IFERROR(VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2)),0)<=14))

Put this in cell A2 on your payment sheet.

=FILTER(master!A:C,(IFERROR((VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2))),0)>=15)*(IFERROR(VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2)),0)<=31))

Put this in cell A16 on your payment sheet.

If you get a spill error there is not enough room below for the formula to populate, add empty rows in this case. Or move your 15th payments table to the right of your 1st payments table so they do not overlap.

Upvote 1
Solution

=FILTER(master!A:C,(IFERROR((VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2))),0)>=1)*(IFERROR(VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2)),0)<=14))

=FILTER(master!A:C,(IFERROR((VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2))),0)>=15)*(IFERROR(VALUE(LEFT((master!A:A),LEN((master!A:A))-2)),0)<=31))

If you get a spill error there is not enough room below for the formula to populate, add empty rows in this case. Or move your 15th payments table to the right of your 1st payments table so they do not overlap.

Thank you, I'll try this later today. Right now, It looks like Excel is not accepting the "FILTER" so I will have to figure that out. I have no merged or hidden cells so that's not the issue.

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 1
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
Thank you, Fluff. I updated it. I am using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 version

Upvote 0

I have Office 2019. The Filter command is not an option.

Upvote 0
I installed the 2021 version.
Does that mean you should update your Account details - click your user name at the top right of the forum? (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asp123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back