Auto Hide Rows in Worksheet based on value in linked rows on another worksheet...

jpjt

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a excel file that i use for quoting in construction.

On the first worksheet named "LABOUR" i have multiple sections breaking down individual tasks on site.
I use this worksheet to calculate all the associated time for each process. This is seen internally only.

The worksheet is set up as a template that i just work through for each individual project. Some tasks are relevant and others aren't as it is all project dependent:

1583446297750.png

On another worksheet named "PRELIMINARY ESTIMATE COST", i reference every single line in order to show the client each individual task involved. So if i change the description of the task in the "LABOUR" worksheet, my reference cell in "PRELIMINARY ESTIMATE COST" sheet changes also.
In this sheet, I hide the costs for each line item as i don't want the client to see the specific time allowed for each task.
I just provide them with a category total:

1583446352440.png

For tasks that are not required or redundant for each particular quote, and i have not allowed time against it in "LABOUR" worksheet (for instance row 47 has not time allowed), I have been manually hiding each corresponding row on the "PRELIMINARY ESTIMATE COST" worksheet. Reason, I don't want tasks that aren't relevant to the clients project listed in this document.

What I would like to achieve is the following:

If M41:M48 has no value for each row in the "LABOUR" worksheet, then i would like the corresponding row in "PRELIMINARY ESTIMATE COST" worksheet to automatically hide.

I am hoping this is possible and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
one option is to include an auto filter and when you're ready to send something out you can filter out the blanks in the appropriate column.
if you're hiding rows on one sheet based on values from another sheet, you can add a vlookup column on the sheet to hide rows to bring values from the other sheet then again apply auto filter on that column to hide blanks.

to do t all automatically you'd need to build a macro and attach it to an on-update event for the sheet. can assist with that if needed

Upvote 0
one option is to include an auto filter and when you're ready to send something out you can filter out the blanks in the appropriate column.
if you're hiding rows on one sheet based on values from another sheet, you can add a vlookup column on the sheet to hide rows to bring values from the other sheet then again apply auto filter on that column to hide blanks.

to do t all automatically you'd need to build a macro and attach it to an on-update event for the sheet. can assist with that if needed

Ok, So it can be done. Thats the good news. The bad news is i have no idea how to do anything you just mentioned lol..

Upvote 0
post up a sample of your file and I'll put something in. if t works I can give you some steps on how it's done.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back