Danblski

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find an easier way to locate alphanumeric characters within a dataset and automatically insert them into the correct row. Worksheet A has 139,000 rows of information. Worksheet B has 59,000 rows of information. Worksheet C holds the information that I get from Worksheet A and Worksheet B.

As you all can imagine this is very tedious taking alphanumeric characters from Worksheet A and filtering it through Worksheet B, then copying and pasting information into Worksheet C.

I am very new to XL, I just learned Vlookup and Pivot Tables 2 days ago.

Please help me!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Welcome to Mr. Excel,

Would you provide a few examples (using XL2BB) of what some of the data looks like and what you expect as results? thanks.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Mr. Excel,

Would you provide a few examples (using XL2BB) of what some of the data looks like and what you expect as results? thanks.
I am unable to do that due to "Run time error" 438. I cannot download add ins because the worksheets are on work laptop, where I am not authorized to download anything.

Upvote 0
Maybe you can reconstruct something to reflect some of your data examples and the results you're trying to achieve.

Upvote 0
You can't paste sheets on this site. You'll have to just copy and paste images of it.

Upvote 0
You can't paste sheets on this site. You'll have to just copy and paste images of it.
.. but you can just copy and paste small sections from your worksheets. At least that way we can copy that to our own sheets instead of having to re-type everything.

H1H2H3H4

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find an easier way to locate alphanumeric characters within a dataset and automatically insert them into the correct row. Worksheet A has 139,000 rows of information. Worksheet B has 59,000 rows of information. Worksheet C holds the information that I get from Worksheet A and Worksheet B.

As you all can imagine this is very tedious taking alphanumeric characters from Worksheet A and filtering it through Worksheet B, then copying and pasting information into Worksheet C.

I am very new to XL, I just learned Vlookup and Pivot Tables 2 days ago.

Please help me!

Attachments

• B.PNG
    B.PNG
    111.4 KB · Views: 5
  • C.PNG
    C.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 4
  • A.PNG
    A.PNG
    71.2 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back