Autofill if both text criteria are met

fawn728

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
I want to use a formula/function that states if address one is in one column and address two is in the same row in the next column then column 3 should be this number. This is a travel log and I want it to autofill for several offices. So if Washington County and Clinton County are next to eachother the next column should say 26. I need to do that for appx. 12 combination of addresses.

Attachments

• Clipped_image_20231130_120549~5.png
    Clipped_image_20231130_120549~5.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Sounds like some lookups will be needed. Do you have a table with addresses and numbers already to pull from? Or how are you identifying the number per combination? More information is needed.

Upvote 0
Sounds like some lookups will be needed. Do you have a table with addresses and numbers already to pull from? Or how are you identifying the number per combination? More information is needed.
It wouldn't allow me to put the full sheet here but on the table is a column with the distance for each office combination. I am at work and can't download the xlb22 add on to my work computer. The numbers come from a program we use to reimburse mileage.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't allow me to put the full sheet here but on the table is a column with the distance for each office combination. I am at work and can't download the xlb22 add on to my work computer. The numbers come from a program we use to reimburse mileage.
Okay, well you can either take another screenshot of that table/column or reply with a small sample in table form as closely to your actual data as possible. Or upload the book to onedrive, google docs, etc.

Upvote 0
Okay, well you can either take another screenshot of that table/column or reply with a small sample in table form as closely to your actual data as possible. Or upload the book to onedrive, google docs, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231130_141821_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20231130_141821_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
The office location names are shortened and not every row is somewhere we consistently travel. I only want it to autofill for the addresses we go consistently. Would it help to have the complete addresses in column N?

Upvote 0
Is it possible to have the starting location in one column and the ending location in another?

Upvote 0
The office location names are shortened and not every row is somewhere we consistently travel. I only want it to autofill for the addresses we go consistently. Would it help to have the complete addresses in column N?
The most ideal setup would have the starting location in 1 column and the ending location in the next column with the distance in the third column. And at the very least, the most frequent combinations, if not all.

Upvote 0
The most ideal setup would have the starting location in 1 column and the ending location in the next column with the distance in the third column. And at the very least, the most frequent combinations, if not all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231130_155350_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20231130_155350_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back