Automatic Creation of Radio Button

pingme89

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a search function within my Workbook. The number of query returns vary.

I would like to know how to make an option button for every query result on the fly.

I would also need to be able manipulate the option button to identify the row of the selected option button.

For example:

Row 1 : A1 = "John"
Row 2 : A2 = "Mary"
Row 3 : A3 = "Roger"

I want to be able to make an option button in say B1, B2, and B3.

If a user selects the Option Button in B2, I want to be able to loop from 1 to 3 and identify which option button was selected.

I would name each Option button: Opt1, Opt2, Opt3 etc..

So I want to be able to loop from 1 to 3 and test if Opt1 = True all the way to Opt(n) = true or not. Opt1 would be on row 1, Opt2 would be on Row 2 etc.

Is this even possible?

For the time being I have made a macro to make option buttons automatically up to 200. I then hid them and only made them visible if there was an entry in the same row.

The problem is I would need to make condition statements for all 200 radio buttons and the code would become extremely long and take a lot of time to write.

This is what I have at the moment:

If Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Opt2.Value = True Then
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("A38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("A2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("B38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("B2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("C38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("C2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("D38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("D2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("E38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("E2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("F38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("F2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("G38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("G2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("H38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("H2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("I38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("I2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("J38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("J2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("K38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("K2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("L38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("L2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("M38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("M2").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("N38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("N2").Value
End If
If Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Opt3.Value = True Then
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("A38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("A3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("B38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("B3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("C38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("C3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("D38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("D3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("E38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("E3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("F38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("F3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("G38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("G3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("H38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("H3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("I38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("I3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("J38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("J3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("K38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("K3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("L38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("L3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("M38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("M3").Value
Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("Settings").Range("N38").Value = Workbooks(wbname).Worksheets("AccessDB").Range("N3").Value
End If

As you can see that is only for 2 option buttons. If I had to make them for 200 options I would have to repeat a lot of code with the only difference being the row number on the right hand side of the equation.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Not sure if you've ever used ListBoxes with multiple columns before, but would allow for a much simpler code and lightning performance compared to the above method.

Check out this article on Listboxes: Globaliconnect.com

Upvote 0
I think it would be best if you explained what your trying to do in detail.
Using a large number of option buttons and very long scripts is probable not needed.
Maybe we could provide a lot easier way to do this.

Upvote 0
I think it would be best if you explained what your trying to do in detail.
Using a large number of option buttons and very long scripts is probable not needed.
Maybe we could provide a lot easier way to do this.

I used an SQL query and the results are displayed in the AccessDB worksheet. I want to make a simple interface for the user to select one of the query results.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back