Automatic data entry at the end of a list of data

proidgy68

I have a spreadsheet with 19 worksheets (Excel 2007) and each worksheet has a date in column A, text in Column B, and numbers in columns C, D, and E. (It's my budget) At the start of each new month I need to go to the bottom of the data on each tab (Each tab has a different "Bottom of Data"; "Housing" only goes to row 94 and "Food" goes to row 1300) Then I enter the date in Column A, a line item identifier called "Income" in B and a positive number in Column C. Column D is for expenses and E is for the running total. What I am looking for is a way to click a button attached to a macro or VBA that will go into each tab and look for the bottom of the data, then enter the current date, then paste the text "Income" in B and paste a specific number (the actual dollar amount of each tab's income) for each tab in to C.

Sorry this is so long, but I hope you understand what I am looking for; I'd rather explain it once then recycle a few times for clarity.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hello,

What I understood is that you need to add data automatically to 1 excel sheet from the other one.

For this I suggest you to develop an application (you can hire a programmer). Through the application you just need to locate the files and the rest of the work will be done easily by the software. It will save a lot of time.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Upvote 0
Hello,

If you are still not getting the solution then its better you may visit Google and find some good articles or stuff on this. It will be good option for you. I have found this article seems to be good to me.

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back