Automatic Leaderboard

dfd0001

Hey I am trying to create a leaderboard for a football pool that I have put together. The spreadsheet calculates each person's wins and loses each type the winner is inputted into the sheet. I would like to create a leaderboard that will update and rank everyone from 1 to 41 participants. My participants start in A3-A43, with another column for wins and another for loses. How can I get this to sort each time a game winner is inputted. Thanks

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Welcome to MrExcel.

How would you calculate the ranks? Something like wins-loses? Do you have a particular way you want to handle ties?

Upvote 0
Thanks!

I would like to sort it in wins and loses. As far as ties go maybe alphabetically by name if the records are the same. I can send you my spreadsheet so far if that will help. I have tried to google things about sorting and ranking but cannot seem to get anything to work and I havent used macros in quite some time.

Upvote 0
732c6v.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks. I like that way that is done. Now is it possible to tranpose that and maybe have the rows move so that the name at the top would be the leader.

Im trying to post a picture of the way I have it laid out right now but I am unable to.

Upvote 0
Here is the layout that I have. I have more participants but this is a rough picture of the way it is laid out.

4rqhxy.jpg

Upvote 0
You could even do this without the helper D column, just work its formula into the rank formula. Or you could just hide it (make sure you copy it down far enough first though).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back