Automatic updating of a list - how to pull in information from another sheet

Burrgogi

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been keeping track of my game collection in Excel. Here's what it looks like right now:

Unique list 2.png

As you can see I've got a column that indicates where the game is located, Steam, Origin, Epic, etc. (see col. D). This is what I've labeled as the "Master list" because it's a aggregate listing of all the games I own across various platforms like Steam, Origin, Epic, etc.

Starting from 2019, Epic started giving away a game every single week. Since then I've been keeping track of their weekly giveaways on a separate worksheet within the same wkbook. The game titles are listed in alphabetical order and every time they give away a free game, I update the list. Then I also manually update this worksheet that you see above. It's getting to be rather tedious. Is there anyway to automate this so that the "Master list" gets updated automatically whenever I update the Epic sheet? If so, I'd like to have the basic information filled in automatically such as the full title, the rating... basically col. A, B, C, & D.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I've been keeping track of my game collection in Excel. Here's what it looks like right now:

View attachment 71950

As you can see I've got a column that indicates where the game is located, Steam, Origin, Epic, etc. (see col. D). This is what I've labeled as the "Master list" because it's a aggregate listing of all the games I own across various platforms like Steam, Origin, Epic, etc.

Starting from 2019, Epic started giving away a game every single week. Since then I've been keeping track of their weekly giveaways on a separate worksheet within the same wkbook. The game titles are listed in alphabetical order and every time they give away a free game, I update the list. Then I also manually update this worksheet that you see above. It's getting to be rather tedious. Is there anyway to automate this so that the "Master list" gets updated automatically whenever I update the Epic sheet? If so, I'd like to have the basic information filled in automatically such as the full title, the rating... basically col. A, B, C, & D.

You mentioned a separate worksheet, but required a permanent updating of the information from it. To be edited as you ask, a formula / macro needs references, elements etc. also from the source and the destination files. So, it is necessary a copy / model of that 2nd worksheet too, for analyzing the weekly giveaways elements and how they are structured. Post the two files file in an editable version (not as image type), using XL2BB add-in XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode for captures of them, or a link from Dropbox etc. to upload them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back