Automatically copy and paste into next tab on condition (which is automatically created on daily basis)

Lainex3

Hi all

I have an enquiry here and would like a workaround.

I am an IT support consultant and want to maintain my own report of the issues I receive daily.

I would like to have a spreadsheet with tabs created daily. E.g Each tab is created once daily and named as
'2014-06-10', '2014-06-11', and so on. Every day I will update new issues received on that day into the particular tab.
I would like to have such function where by whatever issues that are pending from previous tab will be copied over to this
new tab, along with those new issues I received on that day. Meaning this new tab will consist of previous + now issues.

The reason I don't maintain the tab by month is because there are too many issues to keep track of each day, and
it is impossible to keep scrolling up to see the unresolved issues. I need a daily tab so that I can schedule my to-do list on that day as well. To maintain daily tab, I also have to manually sort out those past pending issues and copy over to the new tab. This is extremely tedious.

Could anyone understand and please advise if there is a workaround for this?
Any auto feature I can use + certain condition I can set? :( I heard there is auto copy feature (on key press, copy over) but I want it to auto copy paste that old row from previous tab only when new tab is automatically created on daily basis AND also condition for old row is pending status (my excel knowledge says it could go according to the color condition).

Thanks and regards,
Elaine

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
In other words,

I want to write codes in such manner:

1. An excel scheduler that constantly checks if it reaches new date (e.g 12am)
2. If (1) returns true, then it will automatically create a new tab according to the default template with columns.
3. If (2)'s new tab is created (true condition), only then it will automatically retrieve those previous tab rows that are indicated with either 'red background fill' or status as
"Pending", and paste these previous-tab rows into the newly created tab.
4. These steps will repeat on daily basis (scheduler is needed I suppose).

Thanks and regards,
Elaine

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back