Corried

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello, Thank you for sharing..

I am looking for courses on how to automatically extract data from a website to an excel spreadsheet.

The excel file contains fifty links. Each link has the same process, to create a stock market report for fifty companies. Use macro and chrome to generate data.

Can anyone show me a step by step process on how I can do this?

Please watch the video and Excel workbook below to learn more.

I hope you all understand.

Cheers

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I am using an old laptop which cannot properly run the code.
Is the last version still working for you?

Upvote 0
I am sorry to say. I did get an error.

Please view the image below.

On msn.com, I no longer is seeing the pop-up window.
Can this caused the error?

Attachments

• Yes Error.JPG
    Yes Error.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
I think we reached a dead end. The table below shows the XPath for the price element, which can belong to the green or red class.

The strings do not follow a pattern, normally the HTML is static, but this is not the case here.

I do not know how to solve this situation.

xpath.png

Upvote 0
I think we reached a dead end. The table below shows the XPath for the price element, which can belong to the green or red class.

The strings do not follow a pattern, normally the HTML is static, but this is not the case here.

View attachment 65992
Thank you, Worf, for your support for the many weeks you have tried to solve this problem.

My conquest will continue to find the answer. Once I found the answer, you will be the 1st one to know.

Please for give me, there is one more request. If you are comfortable, of course.
How can I explain my problems to an excel professional to understand? or
How can I construct my wording to make sense and for them to see the bigger picture?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Upvote 0

View attachment 65992
Hello Worf.

I am sorry I've to disturb you. I have searched multiple platform for my issues. Nothing.
Even went on upwork.com. Nothing.

Just checking if you can recommend to someone else.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hello

You cross-posted correctly by supplying the link here. SO is a strong forum but unfortunately there was no answer.

If I can think of anything, I will let you know.

Upvote 0
Hello

You cross-posted correctly by supplying the link here. SO is a strong forum but unfortunately there was no answer.

If I can think of anything, I will let you know.
Thank you Worf. Nice to hear from you. I was thinking if Google Sheets can work. I am seeking both paid and free forum. Nothing. I'm currently chatting with someone on Upwork. They same it may take sometime to find the answer, using google sheet...

Upvote 0
Hi

I had an idea that may or may not work…

Question: the P/E metric seems to have disappeared from the summary page, can you check that?

Upvote 0
Hi

I had an idea that may or may not work…

Question: the P/E metric seems to have disappeared from the summary page, can you check that?
Hello Worf.

I am glad to meet you again.

Some companies P/E may not show the companies P/E. depend on how the company is doing, you may see on the summary page. However, to confirm same, please view the following:

Summary >> Analysis >> Price Ratios >> Company

Above you may see any given company P?E. whether if it is blank, have a numeral value or it may not even have a P/E tab...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back