Automatically fill in corresponding data?

Kentetsu

I have a spreadsheet that is used for tracking product yields. Every week we enter information for each batch including weight, cook yield, chill yield, time, etc. Some of the data that is entered will always be the same for each product, such as target yield for cook and chill plus a couple of other items. I'm dealing with about 50 different products, and I would like the "unchanging" data corresponding to the part number entered to be automatically entered into the appropriate cells. As in, when I enter part #99999 the cells for the target yields are automatically filled in with the target yields for part #99999. Is this possible? It gets old having to copy/past this info every week, and I would like to automate the task if I can. Thanks for your thoughts on this...

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Andywiz

Board Regular
Try creating a separate table of the details you wish to be added. Then utilise the VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP functions in the cells on the list you prepare each week to automate the entry of those details.

The Excel Help file has a good explanation about how to use the LOOKUP functions. Come back if you can't understand them....

Andywiz

Kentetsu

Got it working. Great tip man, kind of tough to get the hang of for this application but well worth the effort. Glad to have learned something new. :)

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maged elmasry