Automatically generate another application 's data file (.xlsx) and transfer the data to excel statistics file

effka

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I want to create excel file to perform statistic calculation, but use data, which is needed for calculation, from different application (not excel).
For this time, I have to copy that data manually: first, open needed application and generate a report based on selected criteria (data generated in .xlsx file type), then copy generated data into statistics excel file and calculate. I have to follow these steps every day, because it's a daily statistic.
But maybe there is possible way, to automate this process, for example: generate report from application and copy that data into my statistics excel by one button touch which is located in my statistics excel? Is it possible to write any program code for such an action in VBA?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
It certainly is possible for some applications.
  1. If it is another Office program, then it is easy. But I am assuming it is not.
  2. If it is another type of program, then you could possibly fiddle it by sending keystrokes using VBA, but it can get messy quickly.
  3. You can also google on Windows Keyboard Macros to automate at least the task in creating the report
  4. A possibly better way would be to access the database in which the data for the application / report is held. Is it in an 'open' database (SQL or something)? Then you can query the database directly from Excel and get the data across.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back