Automatically move entire rows from one Worksheet into another Worksheet in the same Workbook

joeyjay

I have a Task List Workbook (with 2 Worksheets)

Worksheet 1 will be just for Open Task Items. Worksheet 2 will be just for Closed Items.

Worksheet 1 will consist of rows of Open Items.

The last column for each row on Worksheet 1 will either be a checkbox (for task completed) or a cell that we type a "completed date" into.

Once the last column cell is checked as completed or the cell is populated with a complete date, is there a way to have that be the trigger for the entire row to transfer over (be cut) from Worksheet to Worksheet 2 of the same Workbook?

Again, Worksheet 1 will be just for Open Task Items and Worksheet 2 will be just for Closed Items.

Thank you for your help.

I think you should tell us what your wanting to do. Trying to read this old posting and attempt to understand what you want can be difficult.
So I input this code and it is running with no errors I'm assuming because I get nothing saying there is an error. However nothing is happening when I input a date into the cell that I am using as my rngTrigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
So I input this code and it is running with no errors I'm assuming because I get nothing saying there is an error. However nothing is happening when I input a date into the cell that I am using as my rngTrigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jthimes,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

We can not tell where your raw data is located, sheet name(s), cells, cell formatting, cell formulae, rows, columns, and, we can not tell where the results should be, sheet name, cells, cell formatting, cell formulae, rows, columns.

We would like more information. Please see the Forum Use Guidelines in the following link:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

See reply #2 at the next link, if you want to show small screenshots, of the raw data, and, what the results should look like.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html#post2507729

If you are not able to provide screenshots, then:

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Upvote 0
Below is an example of my workbook. I am wanting when a death date is entered in either the pasture or feedyard for it to move said row to sheet two with all the information in that row. I have sheet two cells the exact same as sheet one which is shown below

Processing
Pasture Feedyard Total Invoiced Amount
OwnerTypeQTY.Tag #Today's Date Processing Cost Invoice # In Date Pasture Pasture Feed Cost Sick Cost (Pasture)Death DateDays Fed (Pasture) In Date Feedyard Feedyard Feed Cost Feedyard Sick Cost Death DateDays Fed (Feedyard)Out Date
115123100 January 1, 2001 $ -
115223101 $ -
115323102 October 1, 2015 $ -
115423103 $ -
115523104 $ -
115623105 $ -
115723106 $ -
115823107 $ -
115923108 $ -
116023109 $ -

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col span="2"><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Below is an example of my workbook. I am wanting when a death date is entered in either the pasture or feedyard for it to move said row to sheet two with all the information in that row. I have sheet two cells the exact same as sheet one which is shown below

jthimes,

When I attempted to copy your flat text display, and, paste it into a worksheet, the formatting was not correct.

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Upvote 0
jthimes,

When I clicked on download, I got the following message:

What do you want to do with the Excel.zip?

I have had problems in the past when attempting to download a zipped file, or, an Excel file with macros, with the xlsm file extension.

Please try again on dropbox, withput zipping the workbook/worksheet(s), or, by including a smaller version of the workbook/worksheet(s).

Upvote 0
jthimes,

So that we can get it right on the first try, can we have another workbook, with worksheet Sheet2 manually completed by you for the results that you are looking for?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back