Average based on month

Zalabya83

Hello All,
i would like to know if there is dynamic equation that could return the average of number of certain month based on specific criteria.

ex: i have 12 months written in numbers or letters with different values “sales” in each month.
total gross add for example is 18

i want to calculate the criteria in descending manner/order like for example if i want the average of jan it should give me 0 & in feb it should take the average of december divided on 18 “gross add” to calculate the factor & in march it averages december & november divided by 18 and so on so i can get from the average of the given month the needed factor that will be used.

is there something i can do or not, thanks ?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
No solution till now
From your description we really have no idea what your data is like or exactly what you are trying to achieve. You will have a better chance of getting some sort of response if ..

• You update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

• You investigate XL2BB for providing sample data & expected results to make it easier for helpers to understand just what you have & where it is and also what you want & where it is to be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back