averages

mr8ball

Hello:
> > I have a problem and I was wondering if you could help? I was designated to do stats for a pool league and there are 100 shooters whose average will change every week, my problem is when I get the stats there are 12 teams with lets say 100 shooters having shot. So if I take the first teams sheet and start to do the averages I have to find where the first players name is in the spreadsheet then go across and enter his stats then find the
second players name in the spreadsheet etc,etc,etc. This will take a lot of
time. Is there a way I could enter the information in one spot and click enter and
send that information to wherever that person is in the spreadsheet? I could
send you a copy of the spreadsheet if you need to see it.
> > Example below
> > column a b c d e
> > row 1 player wins loss 8 run
> > id ball tables
> > breaks
> > 001 3 0 1 1
> > Now after entering this info I click enter this will fly to wherever that player is in the spreadsheet, then I go to the next players stats and enter them in the same place as I entered the first players info and hit enter and that goes to wherever that player is in the spreadsheet etc.,etc, where it will automatically figure out the average of the player. The stats for 8 ball breaks and run tables has nothing to do with averages.
Or do you have a better solution.
Thanks
Ron

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
There are a lot of examples found on the search feature of this forum...it sounds that you mightr be looking for some functions like Vlookup or using a pivot table to collect your info..strat searching on these .....if you could supply sample of the data and the outcome you are expecting it would be helpful to those who read yr inquiry..Using the Colo HTML utility at the bottom of this page is very good start....

pll

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I am not computer literate so if someone could tell me exactly what to do to send information to a certain area in spreadsheet that would be great. The information to be entered would be the players id his wins his losses his 8ball breaks and his run tables this would then be sent to wherever he is located in the spreadsheet. Can you help?
Thanks
Ron

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back