Bar chart - Remove space between bars (data input from >2 lines/cells)

Luckkie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Web
Hi there! I'm looking for a way to remove space between bars that are generated from more than two different cells. Does anyone know a way to do this?

Firstly, I'll give some more information.

I've got data from 2022, with percentages related to different values. The different values could be <10, >10, >100, >1000 and >10000. I'm displaying these values in gray.

Then, I've got 2023, which (till now) only provides data from the following values: <10, >10 and >1000. I want to display <10 in green, >10 in orange and >1000 in red. Therefore, I made different lines. However, I can't figure out how to remove the space between the lines. Ideally, there's should be no space between the bars from 2023 and 2022.

(Some other reasoning for this case is that I want to show what the different bars are 'in the graph', (to show which color is which parameter), therefore I have to use the method described above).

Kind regards!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
can you post an image of what you have now for the chart?
Can you aslo use the xl2bb add in to post the data series data (link below), or at least post the data in a table.
The forum needs to manually recreate your scenario and they may make errors or typos, in addition to not fully understanding your question and provide a solution that may work, but not be the solution you seek. Help the forum help you.

Upvote 0
so, not really sure what you mean when you wrote "lines" when you started talking about column/bar charts. But here is a column chart with no gap between the series:
1682160615871.png

Upvote 0
Here it is with the colors you specified for 2023 and no data for >1000, >10000. and No gaps between series groups as well.
1682160785247.png

Upvote 0
Here is the last post as a bar chart, and with Percent formatting:
1682161211775.png

Upvote 0
can you post an image of what you have now for the chart?
Can you aslo use the xl2bb add in to post the data series data (link below), or at least post the data in a table.
The forum needs to manually recreate your scenario and they may make errors or typos, in addition to not fully understanding your question and provide a solution that may work, but not be the solution you seek. Help the forum help you.
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what xl2dd is.

Either way, I'll provide two images of my options. The first one's what I'm currently strugling with (regarding the space between bars from different data input). The second one is my other option. (This is almost the same as your last picture). However, the color of '2023' on the side of the graph does only match with one of the bars and therefore I'd prefer the first option (I think).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back