Batch Edit Cells Using a Macro

javier09

I’m trying to create a simple macro where the user can batch edit cells by entering a reference number.

Here is the idea. Suppose I want to track shipments for different items on my inventory. There are 4 columns on my spreadsheet (Item#, Product Description, Order Date, Delivery Date) and hundreds of rows. All this data is on sheet1. On sheet2, I had set up the action panel, where the user can input the item#, select which action to fill in (order date or delivery date) and input the date.

While I record the macro, I am having trouble with getting to the destination cell where I want the information to be automatically be filled in. For example, suppose I want to fill in the delivery date for item 235. How do I tell excel to go to that cell? (Column of Delivery Date, Row of Item 235). Given that I want batch record cells, how do I repeat the above for every item?

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a beginner when it comes to Macros and I barely understand VBA code. So please don’t involve code language.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back