privxls

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well :D

I am trying to look for better alternatives as to how I can make my table more "easy on the eye", here's how it currently looks like:
1669510570680.png

The data on the table are referenced from a raw data sheet which can be seen below:
1669510610535.png

This raw data sheet has over 10k+ rows and about 30 to 40 columns :censored::cry:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the output table better? It has lots of rows, also I'll be making a weekly table (which is gonna have 52 columns [52 weeks = 1 column per week]) for the same data, is there anything much more efficient rather than the one that I came up with? o_O

I've been looking here and through online but I just can't come up with anything better :(

Thank you dear forum <3

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
There is simply too much going on in this table to be easy on the eye.
products, cities, months, counts & percentages.

My take would be, make more simple tables. Ask yourself what's the story behind the data? Tell that story.

Reduce the raw data. Do you really need customer/trx id/dates? Again, it's about the story. You might want to identify top customers?

Upvote 0
Thank you @GraH . I completely agree with you on that.

At the moment, this is what they require me to show on the table for this year, however, I will be proposing changes needed in order to only show data that matters for the next year's sheet.

I appreciate your thorough response here good Sir :)

Upvote 0
Maybe reduce the displayed columns to Current Month, Previous Month, Current YTD and Previous YTD (or Current 12 Month to Prior 12 Month). PowerPivot using Time Intelligence.
As a raw table, especially at the Week Level, that may be better displayed as Chart.
Being able to quickly zero in on a Time Frame, Region or Product you may find using Slicers and the Timeline very helpful. A useful feature of Slicers/Timelines is the ability to link multiple Pivot Tables through the Slicer with the Report Connections.

For what you have, I am assuming you are working with a Pivot Table, so using some of the Banding Options may help it read a little better.

Upvote 0
Hey @SpillerBD I appreciate your suggestion too. Unfortunately, given the large number of data that I am working on, I am only well-versed in intermediate levels of Excel. I haven't really explored Power Pivot yet, I guess it's time for me to look into it.

There's just too many data at this time. Before I took over working on this task, they all depend on gathering data manually and it is very much a pain lol.

Thank you for your inputs Sir :)

Upvote 0
Thank you @GraH .
I appreciate your thorough response here good Sir :)
Most welcome. I hope you get some other suggestions too.
Remember that what people want, is not what people need. 😀

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back