bit of help needed with conditional formatting

mr.paul.c

Right, I've had a bit of a look round and can't seem to find a suitable solution to my problem.

Currently, my workbook has a VBA script on it that searches for and highlights rows based on the criteria entered in a textbox, this works quite well but I'm trying to come up with an easier way of setting up this spreadsheet.

Currently, the data in my sheet is entered in columns A-K. Then there are 3 hidden columns containing lookup data for some drop down lists. The script looks through the data in 1 column and will highlight the entire row (or will ignore it) based on what date(s) I am looking for.

What I'm intending on doing is trying to come up with a better looking way of being able to format the sheet based on set criteria, in order to highlight what items on the sheet need urgent attention.

Basically, I was thinking about using conditional formatting and/or a script that will colour JUST columns A-K and not the entire row as far as it does along the worksheet, just to keep it looking a bit tidier, not really sure how to go about it so a few pointers would be appreciated :)

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back