Board wish list

Re: Code Window Line Breaks

Thanks for the change !!!!! :)

Anyone Else Noticed?
:confused: No, and I just tested it in the Test forum and there is no horizontal scrolling created for wide code windows that I can see. Can you point to an example post where you think you have seen it implemented?

Last edited:

:confused: No, and I just tested it in the Test forum and there is no horizontal scrolling created for wide code windows that I can see. Can you point to an example post where you think you have seen it implemented?

Code:
' Hi Rick,  I see it everywhere, even on old Threads. Of course the Code, or Comments must be long enough that they are needed. I suspect that they are only put on if you need them, that is to say if a long code or comment like this requires it. In any case, you seem to know how to do it anyway??  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/f22/delete-one-row-from-a-2d-variant-array-2083/#post9665

I am using Google Chrome. I see the scroll bar in all Codes with long lines, even old Threads. I also see the Scroll bar in the test you used. But not if I widen my Browser Window such that it is not needed
Alan

Check out any of my Post with codes in. I always benefit from my comments ( now ) going off to the right !!
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/test-here/927077-test.html#post4460149

p.s.
I am still curious how you managed to do it previously?

Last edited:

It “works” for me in all Three editors in Google Chrome:
Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
Basic Editor - A simple text box

_.....

BUT, I just checket in Internet Explorer 9. It does NOT work form me in any Editor in IE9. In IE9 I see wrapping with no horizontal scroll bars

Alan

It “works” for me in all Three editors in Google Chrome:
Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
Basic Editor - A simple text box

_.....

BUT, I just checket in Internet Explorer 9. It does NOT work form me in any Editor in IE9. In IE9 I see wrapping with no horizontal scroll bars

Alan

IE11 is the current net standard

Hi Mole
IE11 is the current net standard
So do you see a Horizontal Scroll bar or wrapped text for long code or 'Comment lines. That is what we are discussing
Alan

Last edited:

I don't use IE, i'm on Firefox (which has bar), I was just saying, that as technology moves forward, you generally need to adopt later versions (though IE 10 up won't install beyond XP)

I don't use IE, i'm on Firefox (which has bar), I was just saying, that as technology moves forward, you generally need to adopt later versions (though IE 10 up won't install beyond XP)

OK Thanks.....( I have the Bar in IE11 )
Alan

Rick’s Table Trick also works in IE 9:......

_1 ) First make a 1 x 1 table ( Go Advanced to get Table Icon Top Left in a Reply Window )

_2 ) Put Code in Table

_3) Put Code Tags Outside table ( Make sure Code Tags are outside Table )

Internet Explorer 9:

Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]' Rick's Table Trick will also work in Internet Explorer 9.  _1 ) First make a 1 x 1 table  ( Go Advanced to get Table Icon Top Left in a Reply Window )  _2 ) Put Code in Table   _3) Put Code Tags Outside table ( Make sure Code Tags are outside Table )
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

_.......................................................................

Google Chrome:

Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]' Rick's Table Trick will also work in Internet Explorer 9.  _1 ) First make a 1 x 1 table  ( Go Advanced to get Table Icon Top Left in a Reply Window )  _2 ) Put Code in Table   _3) Put Code Tags Outside table ( Make sure Code Tags are outside Table )
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Last edited:

I am using IE11, so I guess it is a Microsoft "thing" then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syzer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back